Beauty…Hollywood Style: My first Valentine’s Day in LA

February 23, 2010 at 1:43 pm 7 comments

There’s something about Valentine’s Day that makes me just not care.  But right before the big day rolls around, I always feel the need to make some kind of definitive plan so that I know that I won’t have too much time to think about how I won’t be saying “I love you” to anyone besides my parents and cat that night.  (Woe is me, right?)

Since I’m still relatively new to LA, I decided that I wanted to try out a spa in an uber chic hotel so naturally, I opted for The Beverly Hills Hotel Spa by La Prairie.   As soon as I heard “The Beverly Hills Hotel” I was reminded of one of my favorite childhood movies, Troop Beverly Hills when Shelley Long’s character says “her recommendations for a campsite were totally unsuitable. There were no outlets. And there was dirt, and bugs, and…and it rains there. So anyway, we’ve found a place that’s much more us: the Beverly Hills Hotel.”  Well, just like the famous hotel, there were certainly no bugs at the Spa by La Prairie.

Not only was the hotel very impressive but they also had some really amazing Valentine’s Day specials with packages that included manicures, pedicures and caviar firming facials.  I decided to go with the long standing classic: an old-fashioned 60 minute Deep Tissue Massage.  Located in the legendary Pink Palace, The Beverly Hills Hotel Spa by La Prairie is the place to go for pampering treatments for men and women and impeccable service. The spa upholds a strong commitment to excellence from the moment you walk through the doors and the staff went above and beyond during my visit.  My muscles were already really sore from working out a bit too hard and the Deep Tissue Massage completely loosened me up and I instantly felt better.  I can’t think of a better plan for Valentine’s Day weekend (or any weekend really) in LA!

Entry filed under: Beauty...Hollywood Style. Tags: , .

Beauty…Hollywood Style: My first visit home to New York Welcome to the new The Fairest!

7 Comments Add your own

• 1. tyna  |  February 26, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Sounds like a great way to spend Valentine’s Day. I love to watch Troop Beverly Hills to see indie it girl, Jenny Lewis in her slightly gawky tween years – even the coolest of the cool have awkward years!

• 2. Meghann Minton  |  February 26, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I love Troop Beverly Hills so much! Thanks for the blast from the past!

• 3. Lilly  |  March 4, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Can someone explain where the sales went?

• 4. Kate  |  March 5, 2010 at 7:41 am

I’m confused about how the fairest works now…

• 5. Mary Ann Puricelli  |  March 27, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I love Paul Mitchell

• 6. http://tinyurl.com/mycablake20578  |  January 23, 2013 at 7:39 am

This specific posting, “BeautyHollywood Style: My first Valentines Day in LA |” ended up being excellent.
    I’m impressing out a reproduce to demonstrate to my
    personal good friends. Thank you-Shayna

• 7. Stevie  |  March 20, 2013 at 8:09 am

“BeautyHollywood Style: My first Valentines Day in LA |” Roman Shades How To Make was a good article and also I personally was indeed pretty joyful to
    locate it. Thanks a lot-Claudia