The Fairest preps for the Oscars!
It’s Oscar weekend, and we at The Fairest HQ are all abuzz over the big show. (Who do you think’s going to win? Our money’s on Kathryn Bigelow and The Hurt Locker.) Of course, while the awards are fun, what we really salivate over is all the red carpet glamour: this is Hollywood at its finest! While few of us might ever experience the Academy Awards inside the Kodak theater, we’re still determined to look just as glowy and gorgeous as any of the nominees.
To that end: congratulations to Caity88, winner of last week’s Sue Devitt giveaway! Caity’s bathroom just got a lot more chockablock (we hope you don’t have roommates), since she won all of the following!
- Sue Devitt Mini Lip Gloss
- Sue Devitt E-Z Eye Shadow Roller Ball
- Sue Devitt Eye Intesifier Pencil
- Sue Devitt Silky Eye Shadow
- Sue Devitt Silky Blush
- Sue Devitt Black Widow Mascara
- Sue Devitt Bermuda Triangle Undereye Corrector
- Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip and Cheek
Ready for this week’s giveaway? We’ve partnered with Paul Mitchell (Happy 30th Birthday, PM!) to bring one reader of The Fairest an entirely new hair care wardrobe worth over $100! One lucky North American winner (that’s right, ladies in Canada and Mexico—you’re eligible, too!) will receive a collection of Paul Mitchell’s latest and greatest, including:
- Paul Mitchell Shampoo One
- Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment
- Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Boost
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
- Paul Mitchell Super Strong Liquid Treatment
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Energizing Body Wash
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Paul Mitchell Express Style Fast Form
- Paul Mitchell Hair Sculpting Lotion
To enter, simply comment below with the name of your favorite hair brand. Good luck!
DISCOUNTS FOR THE FAIREST READERS
We’re always on the hunt for cool new websites, so we flipped when we discovered Lock and Mane, an online boutique dedicated to the best high end hair care. Featured brands include Mason Pearson, Oscar Blandi, Rene Furterer, T3, Terax and Ted Gibson, and the site also has a fun, trend-spotting blog. Want your own hair to look sexy and fabulous? (Um, is the sky blue?) We’re here to help! All readers of The Fairest will receive 20% off when shopping at Lock and Mane. Just enter discount code thefairest at checkout.
And just because one is never enough, we’ve also got our makeup lovers in mind! ShopPrep.com is a new boutique that features great makeup brands like DuWop, Becca, Paul & Joe, Stila and theBalm. Exclusively for readers of The Fairest, they’ve offered a 25% discount when shopping at ShopPrep.com. Just enter discount code THEFAIREST (in all caps) at checkout.
Phew! We’re exhausted from all that beauty beneficence!
THE LATEST LAUNCHES
Meanwhile, so you can keep your beauty cabinets stocked, we’ll be doing regular roundups of the latest beauty launches. Here’s what’s new at your local beauty emporium:
MAC Cosmetics Tabloid Beauty Collection, including all-time classic MAC products repackaged for the permanentTabloid Beauty Collection, like:
- Plush Lash Mascara, $13
- Pro Longwear Lipcolour, $21
- Penultimate Eyeliner, $16.50
- Viva Glam Cyndi, $14 (high luster lipstick in light coral-red color)
- Viva Glam Gaga, $14 (high luster lipstick in cool blue-pink shade)
Keep an eye out next Friday for the winner of the Paul Mitchell giveaway, your chance to win another fabulous haul of beauty loot, as well as an Oscar beauty roundup with tips and tricks on how to recreate the best looks of the night.
Love in lipgloss!
“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” — Kahlil Gibran